Effective on January 25, 2022
Scan Math is an application to assist you to solve math
questions. The Services(the "Services" hereinafter refer to the contents and services in the mobile
application of Scan Math) of Scan Math is provided by Chengdu Unix Technology Co., Ltd.,(”Company”, “We”,
when you use the Services. By visiting, entering, connecting to, accessing, downloading, and using Scan
What personal information do we collect and how do we use them
Your privacy is our top priority. All your personal information we receive will be encrypted and
used only for the following purposes only:
- Account information. We collect your registration date and country code to
enable the basic features of Scan Math. Your subscription status helps us to ensure the purchased
subscription is activated. We collect this information when you complete subscribing on Scan Math.
- Location information. Your location, including your real-time geographic
location (only coarse location on country-level), enables us to further improve customer experience.
- Usage data. We collect your usage data, such as the questions you enter on
Scan Math. It is used to help us understand how our services are being used and help us to know how we
can better user experience.
- Device information. We collect information about the device you use to
access our services, including the hardware model, client version, device ID, operating system, and os
version. These details assist us to improve the user experience with Scan Math.
- Shared information. We collect information that is voluntarily shared by
you. For example, we may collect the images taken with your device camera through Scan Math. Also, we
may keep the information you provide in the survey form. Consequently, we encourage you to think twice
before you submit your private information to us.
How long do we store your personal information
We store the personal information
fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
Users in the European Union
In line with GDPR, EEA individuals have eight data rights:
- Information about the processing of your personal data;
- Obtain access to the personal data held about you;
- Ask for incorrect, inaccurate, or incomplete personal data to be corrected;
- Request that personal data be erased when it’s no longer needed or if
processing it is unlawful;
- Object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes or on
grounds relating to your particular situation;
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in specific
- Receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and send it to
another controller ("data portability");
- Request that decisions based on automated processing concerning you or
significantly affecting you and based on your personal data are made by natural persons, not only by
computers. You also have the right in this case to express your point of view and to contest the
Users in California
According to CCPA, California residents have the right to
request access to or deletion of their personal information, to request additional details about our
information practices, and to not be discriminated against. You may exercise these rights by contacting us
at [email protected].
We use third-party tools to support the operation and
performance of our services and to improve your experiences with our services. Please be aware that Scan
Math assumes no responsibility for the services, contents, and privacy policies from third parties. These
third parties are Mathpix, Wolfram | Alpha.
time if needed, so we encourage you to stay tuned on this page about our privacy practices. Your continued
the way we deal with your personal information, please contact our privacy officer via email at [email protected].